Code of conduct
A balanced approach
At Lesedi Waldorf we encourage every person across the school to adhere to and follow our code of conduct:
- Be well-mannered and to be punctual.
- Attend all meetings as set out by the school.
- Not interrupt lessons.
- Care for one another.
- Refrain from any form of abuse, whether physical, sexual, verbal, emotional, mental or spiritual abuse.
- Treat everyone with respect, irrespective of their age, race, religion, gender or economic status.
- Continually strive to constructively work together with colleagues, management, parents and the appearance.
- Refrain from any form of substance abuse (this includes smoking and alcohol use).
- Maintain proper hygiene of the body, habits and clothing, dressing neatly and keeping a neat appearance.
- Uphold the human rights of everyone at all times.
- Uphold the humane treatment of animals at all times (with the exception of animals that pose a danger).
- Only engage in legal activities at all times.
- Model positive behavior for learners to imitate.
Lesedi encourages self-awareness through practising the following principles:
- Be conscious of yourself and your surroundings.
- Know how to conduct yourself and respect others.
- Be aware of others' feelings.
- Be a responsible individual.
- Respect culture and religion.
Bullying - what is it
- When someone says or does something unintentionally hurtful and they do it once, that's rude!
- When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful and they do it once, that's mean!
- When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful and they keep doing it even when told to stop and the person is upset, That's bullying!
If bullying happens in form of teasing, beating, swearing or inappropriate body language the school will deal with it by following this process:
- Investigate and define the problem and then work towards a solution through
- Teacher - child discussion
- Teacher - Principal conversation
- Teacher - child - parent and Principal conversation
- Follow up meetings
- In extreme cases - expulsion and suspension is taken into consideration by the School Principal together with Executive mandate.
- Clothing is to be comfortable and simple with nothing tight or revealing.
- Wear comfortable shoes that are strong and versatile.
- Comb your hair and keep it neat at all the times.
- No negative inscriptions or slogans on the t-shirt or other clothing.
- Body piercing and excessive jewellery is not acceptable.
- No loose shoes, push–ins or slip-ons that are not fastened.
Absenteeism & punctuality
- Inform the school in advance of doctor’s appointments or any other appointments.
- When absent for three consecutive days, provide class teacher with a doctor’s note.
- Be punctual at all times for all school related activities.
- Regular attendance at school is mandatory.
The costs are a combination of Enrollment Form Fee, Admission Fee, Basic Fee, Maintenance Fee and where applicable Boarding Fees. Other costs would be for the stationary list and the class trips.